There is so much to enjoy in Camberley town centre this summer! Live music and entertainment, a colourful carnival, magical roof top cinema screenings, unique car show, yummy food markets and much, much more.
These events are brought to you from Collectively Camberley, The Square Shopping Centre, The Atrium, Camberley Theatre and Surrey Heath Borough Council (SHBC).
Many of the events are FREE and are suitable for the whole family!
The summer in Camberley line up includes;
- 17, 18, 26 and 26 May, Pop up fizz bar and Ascot competition, The Atrium
- Saturday 1 June – Batman Day in The Square
- 12, 13, 14 June – Collectively Camberley presents the 2018 Rooftop Film Festival, top floor of Main Square Car Park. The planned films are Jurassic Park, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Greatest Showman Singalong and for the first time, a special children’s screening of Frozen Singalong on the Friday afternoon.
- 15 June, 20 July and 17 August – Surrey Farmers’ Market, Park Street
- 22 June – Camberley International Festival Camberley Carnival. This year’s theme is the Circus. A colourful parade will weave through the town centre finishing at London Road Recreation Ground for lots more fun and live music
- Saturday 6 July – Armed Forces Day, Park Street, organised by Collectively Camberley
- 26 – 27 July – Camberley Theatre Beer Festival, combining a number of ales and ciders from some of the finest independent breweries across the South East with a backdrop of quality love entertainment the Camberley Beer Festival is not to be missed!
- Sunday 28 July – Treasure Island Panto in the Park at London Road Recreation Ground, brought to you by Camberley Theatre.
- Saturday 17 August – Collectively Camberley Car Show. A variety of very special and unique cars on display throughout the town centre
- Late Night Shopping every Thursday evening, 5pm until 8pm. Enjoy a leisurely browse round the shops then maybe enjoy a drink and food ‘al fresco’ outside one of Camberley’s many eateries. Park for just £1 after 5pm.
You can find out more about these events at http://camberleybeinspired.co.uk/news-events/
Find out more about Collectively Camberley – https://www.collectivelycamberley.co.uk/
Find out more about what’s available in Camberley’s shopping centres – http://www.theatrium-camberley.com/, http://www.camberleyshopping.co.uk/
In addition, Camberley Theatre has a fantastic variety of productions running throughout the summer. Find out more and book at https://www.camberleytheatre.co.uk/new/whats-on
Surrey Heath Borough Council (SHBC) is committed to supporting and regenerating Camberley town centre. SHBC’s investments have already seen the acquisition of The Square shopping centre, commencing its refurbishment programme within the first year of ownership. Followed by an ambitious set of projects to improve the roads, pavements and street scene. A redundant office building has also been purchased to create 116 high quality town centre apartments, with proposals to re-deliver new business space.
SHBC has selected Kier Property as the development partner for the London Road site. Situated fronting the London Road, opposite the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, the 5.5-acre site has the potential to create a mixed-use development and improve the gateway to Camberley.
The regeneration work is supported by a comprehensive events programme, grant schemes for independent businesses and cultural and enrichment projects to ensure Camberley is a key destination and experience. In Camberley we are committed to reshaping and enhancing the town centre to support our community and local businesses while high street retail faces challenges nationally. www.camberleybeinspired.com