Surrey Heath’s businesses, big and small, are encouraged to enter the Surrey Heath Business Awards 2018.
Nominations for the borough’s fifth annual business awards are now open, celebrating even more of the great people, firms and ideas that keep our local economy thriving.
The awards will take place in March, hosted during Surrey Heath’s Business Breakfast event at Camberley Theatre.
It’s free for all Surrey Heath businesses to enter by either putting themselves forward or nominating others. There are six awards in total:
- Developing Talent Award – Recognising businesses that provide opportunities for personal development.
- Business Innovation of the Year – Awarding creativity with measurable results.
- Community Action Award – Recognising organisations who take responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Kevin Cantlon Award for Best Small/Medium-Sized Business – Spotlighting businesses with less than 250 employees.
- Surrey Heath Business Star of the Year – Nominated by local businesses and voted for by the public. Who in your business stands out and makes a real difference to sales, clients or staff?
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Celebrating a company, organisation or individual who has significantly contributed to the growth and success of the Surrey Heath business community over a number of years.
This year the Award for Best Small/Medium-Sized Business is renamed in memory of Kevin Cantlon. Kevin was the Economic Development Officer at Surrey Heath Borough Council who sadly died earlier this year.
This award is the Council’s tribute to his work with local business and a reflection of the respect the Surrey Heath business community had for Kevin.
The Massage Company was named winner of last year’s Best Small/Medium-Sized Business Award.
Founder and Operations Director Charlie Thompson said: “For a new start-up to gain recognition through the Business Awards gives huge confidence to potential customers, and for us this has rung true in the franchise sales world too.
“We have used the Surrey Heath Business Award on promotional stands, social media and presentation videos to really build credibility for our new concept. The team have loved the recognition and positive association that an award-winning business generates!”
Businesses can enter more than one category, and the closing date for entries is Monday 5 February 2018.
After judging takes place, shortlisted candidates will be invited to the awards ceremony on Friday 9 March at Camberley Theatre.
As well as a specially commissioned award, each winner will be invited to the annual Surrey Heath Civic Dinner, and promoted through various media channels, including Heathscene magazine, the Council’s website and social media.
More details including how to apply are available at: www.surreyheath.gov.uk/shba