The summer holidays are fast approaching, and many families will be starting to pencil dates in the diary to keep the kids entertained!
It can be quite a struggle trying to find days out for all the family which don’t cost a fortune! But it seems The Square have it sorted with their free Dino Live animatronic exhibition!
The Camberley based shopping centre is inviting all the family to have their own prehistoric adventure, with six life-sized animatronic dinosaurs waiting to be discovered throughout the summer holidays.
Arriving on Thursday 25th July right through to Sunday 1st September, the centre is recruiting Camberley’s finest little explorers challenging families to pick up a trail-guide from The Square’s Customer Service desk and go in search to track down the dinosaurs hiding within the centre.
Whilst coming face to face with these prehistoric creatures, The Square is inviting families to fill out their fact-finding dinosaur questionnaire – found in the trail guide, for the chance to win a £100 gift card to spend at the centre! Completed trail guides will also see children aged 3- 12 win a dinosaur stationary bundle!
The fun continues with arts and crafts workshops taking place throughout August. Please see full list below:
- Free events in Cambridge Square (in front of House of Fraser)
- 3rd August Excavation Workshop 11am–4pm*
- 10th August Creative storytelling 11am, 1pm and 2.30pm**
- 18th August Roaming Workshop 11am–4pm*
- 24th August Dinosaur Paint Pottery 11am–1pm and 2pm–4pm session with Mrs Potts’ Place*
- 31st August Excavation Workshop 11am–4pm*
Surrey Heath Museum
- Egg carton dinosaurs with Surrey Heath Museum***. Thursday to Saturday 11am – 3.30pm throughout the school holidays. Suggested donation: £1
- Fun and crafts with Surrey Heath Museum***. 11am – 1.30pm & 2pm – 3.30pm. Booking required. £3 per child
- 7th August – Geology Workshop with Surrey Heath Museum’s resident Geologist, John. Families to learn fascinating facts about rocks and Fossils*
- 14th August – Dino Diggin with Surrey Heath Museum*. Learn about fossils and how they are made. Excavate the sand and find out what’s underneath.
If that wasn’t enough fun, families can be in with the chance of winning some roar-tastic prizes by stopping off at the designated dinosaur egg selfie zone and uploading their selfies onto The Square’s Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag – #dinolivecamberley.
The topmost ‘liked or loved’ selfie will win a £100 gift card to spend at The Square, seeing the second most liked or loved selfie win a £75 gift card and the third most liked or loved selfie will win a £50 gift card.
Joana Santos, Marketing Manager at The Square Camberley, said: “We understand it can be challenging to try and keep the kids entertained throughout the summer holidays and we’re therefore thrilled to be able to offer some free fun and educational event for all the family with six life-sized dinosaurs coming here to The Square! Alongside tracking down the hidden dinosaurs, there’s lots of additional activities children can take part in, from dinosaur pottery sessions to Surrey Heath Museum’s Geology workshop.”
Joana continued: “Families are set to be amazed with the prehistoric dinosaurs ready to impress with their movement, blinking of eyes and roaring! Children will also have the chance to learn some interesting facts along the way with each dinosaur being replicated in their natural environment.”
With fantastic food and beverage choices plus great shopping, there’s something for everyone at The Square this summer.