As part of the town’s Be Enchanted Christmas programme, Surrey Heath Borough Council will be holding the inaugural “Camberley Christmas Parade” on Saturday 1 December 2018.
Similar to the Camberley Carnival, the parade will include a mixture of community groups, schools, businesses, and a marching band – but will also include some very special guests and will be led by Santa himself on a stunning horse-drawn carriage.
The procession gets underway at 4pm as it begins to get dark, departing from Surrey Heath House before marching along St George’s Road, the High Street, and Pembroke Broadway. The parade will then conclude on Park Street where Santa will make his way to his grotto, ready for the holiday season. Once the parade has finished, the fun will continue on Park Street with live entertainment and festive refreshments on sale until around 7pm.
This family-friendly spectacle around Camberley Town Centre is free-of-charge and a great way to begin the countdown to Christmas. There is still time for local groups to be part of the event – with large crowds anticipated around town to watch the parade, taking part is a great way to promote your organisation and show your support for the local community while getting in to the festive spirit at the same time!
For more information please call 01276 707401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Camberley Be Enchanted
Camberley town centre is set to be a magical place this winter with an array of special events taking place every weekend through November and December until Christmas.
Councillor Richard Brooks, Deputy Leader, Surrey Heath Borough Council said;
“As part of our investment in Camberley town centre we are supporting our local retailers and businesses by working with our town centre partners; including The Square, Camberley Theatre, The Atrium and Collectively Camberley to organise some fantastic events. These events also provide wonderful free entertainment for our local families and communities. We hope everyone has fun in Camberley this winter.”
Karen Whelan, CEO, Surrey Heath Borough Council said;
“Camberley is all set to be an amazing place as we lead up to Christmas. This events programme has been carefully designed to provide something for everyone, but in particular families and children as Christmas is such a magical time for this age group.”
Full events listing
• Saturday 10 November – Poppy themed arts and crafts between 10am and 4pm with Mrs Potts Place. The Square
• Sunday 11 November – Remembrance Sunday, Parade from 3pm on the A30 before wreaths are laid at the cenotaph outside the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst
• Saturday 17 November
– Christmas lights switch event on with entertainment from 10am throughout the day.
– Lights switch on with fireworks and live music from 4:30pm
– Farmers’ market on High Street, 10am – 4pm
– See Peppa Pig in The Square at intervals throughout the day
• 1-31 December – Camberley town centre Reindeer Hunt, can you find all eight? Pick up a form from The Square or The Atrium to record your sightings
• 1-24 December – Write your letter to Santa, The Square
• 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 20, 21, 22, 23 Dec Fun Pixie House events for children will be taking place every weekend in The Square
• 1-24 December – Visit Father Christmas in his grotto, The Square. Book your space at bookfatherchristmas.co.uk/camberley
• 1 December, 4pm – Take part in our Christmas Parade!
• 1 and 2 December – Sleeping Beauty Weekend, The Square
• 8 and 15 December – Enrol at Elf School this Christmas in The Atrium
• 8, 15 and 22 December – Breakfast with Santa, The Square. £10 for each child, book at the Customer Service Desk
• Sunday 9 December – Free Snow Globe, The Square
• 10 – 31 December – Sleeping Beauty panto, Camberley Theatre
• 13 December – an evening of Christmas Carols during late night shopping, led by the Surrey Heath Singers
• 15 and 16 December – Enjoy Festive Music, The Square
For more details and to see the full events listings please visit www.camberleybeinspired.com
In addition, late night shopping will be taking place every Thursday. All your favourite stores will be open until 8pm, plus park for just £1 and receive a free gift if you spend over £50. A fabulous opportunity to do your Christmas shopping and avoid the weekend crowds.
Surrey Heath Borough Council (SHBC) is committed to supporting and regenerating Camberley town centre. SHBC’s investments have already seen the unique acquisition of The Square shopping centre, commencing its refurbishment programme within the first year of ownership. Followed by an ambitious set of projects to improve the roads, pavements and street scene. A redundant office building has also been purchased to create 116 high quality town centre apartments, with proposals to re-deliver new business space.
SHBC is also currently in the process of sourcing an innovative developer partner for the London Road site. Situated fronting the London Road, opposite the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, the 5.5-acre site has the potential to create a mixed-use development.
The regeneration work is supported by a comprehensive events programme, grant schemes for independent businesses and cultural and enrichment projects to ensure Camberley is a key destination and experience. www.camberleybeinspired.com